Monday, January 1, 2007

This is me.....

Hi, my name is Anissa. I am a 35 year old, SAHM who is severely overweight. I would even say obese. Yuck, I hate that word. I have never (that I can remember) said this to anyone outside of my family and doctor, but I weigh 205 lbs. I personally want to loose 75 lbs. My doctor wants me to loose 90-95lbs. Yikes!

Anyhow, I have some serious issues. Even when I was at my most fit and athletic......mountain climbing, running marathons, playing racquetball and softball (with men mind you) there was always somebody or some entity telling me I was still overweight or "FAT". Men (besides my husband) never liked me unless I was skinny and growing up my family had issues with being skinny. It was never good enough.....I was told I wasn't skinny and that my friends lied to me when they told me I looked nice. Not even good, just nice. But, according to my family, they were lying. I think those reasons are directly what led to my emotional eating problem. It's huge too!

Anyhow, those are just a few of the things I deal with. I have to say I have a wonderful husband, who doesn't neccesarily see eating the way I do and keeps chips and soda in the house, he does support me on every other level. He ensures we have enough money for the gym memberships, healthy foods, sports clothing/shoes and/or doctors.

I don't know what they mean when they say "are you ready to loose the weight". I'm always ready, who isn't? I just haven't figured out how to get over my issues yet.

Oh one more thing. I don't neccesarily need to see dramatic, fast weight loss, but would like to see consistent weightloss over the next year. I figured out if I can loose "atleast" 4lbs a month, I can loose almost 50lbs. That is over half way to my goal in one single year.

Well, this is me.......

1 comment:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Yeah Anissa! Welcome to the blogosphere! Hopefully we can work on getting over some of our issues together! Here is to 50 pounds this year!