Sunday, January 7, 2007

Is it possible to feel full and hungry at the same time?

Still struggling with that psychological aspect. I just had a nice bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter in it, and a glass of milk. I'm full. I feel nice and content. But I also have this feeling like I'm a little bit hungry. My tummy isn't rumbling or anything, so i KNOW I'm not hungry. I think it's just that part of my brain that says, "what, that's all you're gonna eat? there's no way that will fill you up!" even though my stomach is saying "hey, thanks for not stuffing me like a thanksgiving turkey!"

It's hard to differentiate this "phantom" hunger from the real thing. I've had a couple days where I was hungry ALL the time, despite eating lots of protein, fiber, and drinking my water - stomach was constantly rumbling. it seems like the rest of the time is my brain just wanting me to eat when I'm not hungry, because that's what it's used to me doing.

2 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I understand that feeling completely! If you are feeling like that maybe going for a walk or doing some scrapping might help? If I throw myself into something else sometimes I am able to stop thinking about it.

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

I think the brain getting use to less food is part of it. I struggle all the time with finding "food" that will satisfy me.

I think we just have to be very congnicent (sp??) of what we are putting in our mouth and care enough about ourselves to follow through.

I know, I know so much easier said than done!

Hope it gets better soon.