Monday, January 8, 2007

I think....

I may have taught not only myself, but my beautiful daughter a good lesson today. She is forever wanting to feed me stuff and I'm constantly telling her that I don't want it while she is simultaneously trying to shove it in my mouth. LOL!

Well, it clicked today. I told her "Ema, I don't want it. Not because I don't like your crackers, but because I'm not hungry". She didn't quite understand this, so I looked at her and said "maybe we can save them (crackers) for later. When we are hungry, we can go back and eat them". Well, what do you know. She stopped trying to put them in my mouth and got herself a little sandwich bag and has saved them for later.

So, we learned not to waste and to eat when we are hungry!

So, how long do you think I can trick my brain into thinking I don't need to eat when I'm craving. LOL!

4 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

So, how long do you think I can trick my brain into thinking I don't need to eat when I'm craving. LOL!

That is always the question isn't it? it is so hard for me to stay away from stuff when I am craving it. Like right now I really want salty stuff. Good job on the lesson for Ema!

Lisa said...

You know, it's OK to have what you're craving - just in moderation. Otherwise that's all your brain thinks about when you deprive it of what it wants.


I've found a good snack lately - I tend to crave sweet and salty at the same time, (so instead of just having a piece of chocolate, i'll eat chips with it too) - I've been muching on carrots with just a little bit of salt on them. the carrots are naturally a little sweet, and the salt gives me the, well, salt that i'm craving.

i guess my point is, maybe when you're craving a salty snack, try a vegetable with a little sprinkle of salt.

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

You know, someone else told me that today too. I did have some chocolate today, but only three pieces. When I wanted more, I had some popcorn instead (salty). After the popcorn, every craving was gone.

I too have that thing with sweet/salty.

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

Oh yeah, PS.....thanks for all the encouragement you guys.