Friday, January 5, 2007

Stayed on pts today...

I had a really good day because I planned for every point and everything that went into my mouth. Breakfast: 1 cup shredded wheat with cinnamon=3 pts, 1/2 cup 1% milk=1pt, 1-6oz Activa yogurt=2pts and 1 cup of coffee with creamer=1pt.
Lunch: A sandwich made from 1 whole wheat english muffin=2pts, 2.6 ozs of deli ham=2pts, 2 teaspoons of lf mayo=1pt, sliced tomato=0. I also had a snack bag of baby carrots=0, and 1/2 cup of lf cottege cheese=2pts.
I went out shopping this afternoon and got hungry so I had a WW 2pts bar that I stuck in my purse, just in case.
Dinner: 4.7 oz grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast=5pts. 2/3 cup Wild Rice Pilaf (recipe follows)=4pts, steamed broccoli=0. Other snacks today included a fruit cup=1 pt. and a WW snack cake=1 pt. Grand total:27 pts.
I'm including the recipe for the rice because my whole family loved it. It's a WW recipe out of their new cookbook.

Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and Pecans

3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup wild rice, rinsed
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stir in the scallions and cranberries; simmer, covered , until the grains start to pop and the rice is tender, 35-40 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the parsley and pecans. Per serving(2/3 cup)=4 pts.

2 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Great job staying on your points today! And yum!

Lisa said...

that sounds like a really yummy recipe - i'll have to try it!