Friday, January 5, 2007

Frustration!

I know I should not weigh myself every day. I know in my head I shouldn't but I do it anyway. I have gone swimming twice this week and did cardio today and have been watching my points. What do I see when I step on the scale this morning? A 1 pound weight gain. Slow and steady wins the race they say but what if I am going in the wrong direction? I sound really whiny...sorry about that. It makes me think of that Pink song that goes "It's bad when you annoy yourself..."

I was thinking about your post earlier today Lisa about the psychological aspect. Bobby and I talked about it too. I feel satisfied in my stomach but in my head I think I need more food. I think for me it is because I am used to eating a lot more so I think I still should be. Grr..not fun. I will not weigh tomorrow. I will wait until Monday when I have been doing this 1 week. Then I will see if I have made any progress.

2 comments:

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

Karen,

Has it occured to you that it could be muscle gain? Especially with all that swimming.

Lisa said...

some people do better weighing themselves every day - keeps them in check. you just have to figure out if that's what your doing, or if you're obsessing.

i know i was frustrated yesterday because i had lost a pound, and then i did good the next day and it was back on. it always seems that when i do good for a week and then have a "bad" day where i eat crap, i'll lose weight then next day. don't know why, but it just happens.