Monday, February 5, 2007

Off the wagon

I have lost a total of 2 pounds since the 1st of January. I have lost several inches like I posted earlier but I have lost my motivation. This always seems to happen when I start a "diet" or "change of lifestyle" or "new way of eating". I always seem to fail. Why? I don't know.

When I started working (outside of babysitting) I had this certain feeling of entitlement. Because of some of the things in my past I thought if I wanted something I should have it. If I wanted days off at Burger King I just told the boss what days I was going to work. They let me get away with that and I am not sure why. Maybe I was a good employee or maybe I was just assertive. When I went to college I was the same way and in my jobs. I felt like if I wanted something I should have it.

I wonder if I feel like that about my eating habits. For awhile I feel good about my choice to limit certain foods. Not give them up but have them in smaller quantities. Then I get to a point where I get frustrated and feel like I should be able to eat whatever I want, go buy a bunch of junk that I am going to ration and then eat it all in 2 days. I know better. I know if I buy it I am going to eat it. So, I should just not buy it. My sense of entitlement says I should be able to have it. How do I smash my feelings of entitlement and make better choices?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't give up! I know giving up and it sucks! You have to change what is it that you want. You can have whatever food you want, or you can flip the staement and say "this is the number of pounds I want and deserve to weigh. I'm entitled to it and I deserve it and nothing will stop me from getting it." You can do it, Karen! Plus inches lost is a good thing, too.

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

Hey girlfriend!

I'm right there with you. I feel so down in the dirt right now. Guilt for eating something sweet almost every day for the past week.

But, let that not deter "US". Lets motivate each other.

Okay!

Here I'll start......

Here is my one day at a time challenge.

-on Friday I will go the entire day without eating junk food.

Simple!

Your turn......

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

On Friday I will choose to eat only within my points range!

Good idea! :)