Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 6 for Debbie

Hey there,
I'm glad you didn't give up after 40 minutes. I walked an hour this morning on the treadmill. I was hitting a wall about 45 minutes and then I reminded myself that I only had 15 minutes to go, so I pushed on and made it. I told my friend Terri that I was having a really hard time with my shins hurting and she gave me a really good tip. She said to slow down and raise the incline. I did that today. Instead of walking 3.5 mph. I slowed down to 3.0 mph and raised the incline from 1 to 3. I did the hour and walked 3 miles and my shins are not hurting. Now it's my butt! Lol. But I guess I need to work on that area of my body too, and I'd rather have that sore then my shins.

1 comment:

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

What a good tip. I'll have to try that. I don't often get shin problems, but my calves tighten up when I run. So, I'll try the higher incline with a walk.

Good job!