Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm so proud of myself.....

Is that okay? This weird thing my family and hubby has that they don't like being proud of themselves or atleast they don't like to show it. I tell them not to mix that up with being too vain/vane (how do you spell that anyway).

I use to never be proud of the things I do. It took me a long time to get over that mentality. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments. Why not? We compliment other people on theirs. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm stopping people in the street to tell them about all the great stuff I do.

and on that note......I digress.....I'm gonna brag to you guys.

I am proud of myself because despite getting down on myself about my eating habits. I did manage to workout 4 days so far and I'm up in the air about tommorow. That was one of my goals. To get into the gym or workout at home 3-4 days a week. I've been working on this goal since October. I've arrived and to tell you the truth, as hard as it is to get up, get the kids ready and get to the gym in time for class, I am feeling pretty darn good.

Is this the path to goodness everybody keeps talking about?

2 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Woo hoo!! Good job Anissa! I think it is fine to be proud of an accomplishment you have worked so hard to get to. I am proud of you too!

Debbie said...

Great job Anissa! We need to be proud of ourself. This weightloss journey is hard. Good for you. You've met a goal and the next goal you make will be even easier.