Thursday, February 8, 2007

Be kind to yourself

I'd like to respond to New fan's previous post. Be kind to yourself. Thinking negatively will not get you anywhere. Instead of a negative statement about how a food is not good for you, try stating it in the positive. Such as, "I can have that candy bar, but I don't want it today."If you have a food that you just love, but you're afraid of what it can do to your waistline, try giving it up for a short time. I love cheese. One time I decided that I would rather give up cheese than eat lowfat or fatfree cheese (what is fatfree cheese anyway, it doesn't even melt!) I gave it up for about six weeks and when I decided to eat it again, I tried lowfat cheese and found that it was pretty good. I still like regular, full fat cheese and I can still have it, I just have it in smaller amounts.

Don't make this about deprivation! Make it a lifestyle change and find how to eat what you want by allowing yourself to eat. I'm feeling that I'm having success this time because I'm eating what I want within my points for the day and I'm enjoying my food more. For myself, I've found that if I eat breakfast with a little protein I do better during the day. Orowheat's 100% whole wheat english muffins are great with 1 Tablespoon of lowfat peanut butter and it satisfies my hunger. I also eat a better lunch with a snack when I come home from work and then dinner. I'm trying not to eat after 7:30pm. I hope this helps and encourages you all. I know it's hard but we are all in this together.

2 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Thanks for the encouragment. I think it will help this week!

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

I know what your saying. The problem is I'm not depriving myself (get it). LOL!

I get what your saying though. I did promise myself to get through on day at a time. I did that on Friday. I did have some sweet tonight, but it was just one thing. My goal is to go without sweets tommorow. I'm normally a everyday sweets kinda girl.

But, I seem to do better if I do this day by day. So, I'm gonna work on it that way. Perhaps if I do it slowly, I can get in two days then three days and so on.