Tuesday, March 6, 2007

So, I was hanging out

with a few friends that probably range from the 115-140 range the other day. One has 3 kids, the rest of us have 2. I am hanging in there around the 199-200 mark because I am obviously not doing what I am supposed to. Anyway, we were talking about the jeans that are out right now. Even my friend at the 115 mark said she has to tuck her stomach in under her jeans. She is a runner. She will be running the 1/2 marathon in April. All of us had the same problem. I didn't realize so many women had to tuck their tummies into their pants. It just made me realize no matter what size we are as women that we are insecure because of what the media and society say we should look like. I told them I was sorry that they had that problem but it made me feel better to know I wasn't alone. They commiserated! :)
I do want to get on the ball though and shed some of this weight..especially since we may go on a cruise in December!

2 comments:

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

That's weird. Must be the type of jeans. Because I've never had to tuck my tummy into my pants. Sometimes, it just plain doesn't fit. LOL!

But, I have to agree with you. When I was at my healthiest between 125-130 (despite what the Army said), I still felt fat.

Debbie said...

I'm just trying to figure out how I could wear the same work jeans when I was 14.2 lbs heavier. Oh yeah, I remember now, I couldn't breathe!