Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Making Progress......I hope

So, about half the days I eat a bowl of whole grain shredded wheat. The other half of the days, I indulge in a large muffin of some sort. In an effort to try and eat better, I thought, I would take it one step at a time. So, today I opted for a croissant. Now, I know they aren't much healthier because of all the butter that goes into them. However, my thought process is to try to deal with my overwhelming need to have something sweet. So, since the croissant isn't so sweet, I started there. I'm hoping I can eventually move my way to toast or something. It's a little harder when your out and about. When I'm out is the days I usually indulge in the muffin. If I can't get toast or even a small bagel, I may move into the rice cake realm. I do like the flavored rice cakes and they still manage to keep them relatively low fat.

3 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

You might try some protein in the morning like a boiled egg and yougurt...I had a bowl of cereal this morning but I know I will be really hungry again by probably 10:30.

J(ohnny), E(ma), T(im), A(nissa) R(ajala).......Jetarajala said...

Hard to do when I'm out and about. I know. Just another excuse. I don't have a problem with what I eat when I'm at home (usually). Just when I'm out. That tends to be about 3-4 days of the week.

I have to admit though. Tim has been doing really good about not buying me sweets anymore. It's been almost a week. That's a record for him.

Although, I see him doing it with the kids now. Will have to have another talk with him about that too.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I understand. We are on the go all the time which makes it really easy to eat out. If I was more organized I could pack lunches for the kids (I do on MOPS day) and have low calorie snacks on hand....it just doesn't seem to happen.