Sunday, July 8, 2007

Am I That Stuck On Food

Yesterday, we were out and about and went to Cold Stone Creamery. We each got ice cream. I took a few bites of mine and felt a little guilty, so decided to save it for later.

I left to go study and limited myself to an ice tea at the cafe. I then told myself when I get home, I would have a few more bites of my ice cream as a reward for all the studying I had done (studied for hours). Then, I thought, what a great idea. A few bites at a time over the course of the next week instead of scarfing it down in one sitting. Meanwhile, I still get to enjoy a little ice cream in this summer heat.

So, the entire drive home I'm looking forward to my coffee ice cream w/almonds and a touch of brownie. But, when I get home, I discovered my child of a husband ate it. He didn't just take a few bites, he ate the entire thing. One, it was almost a pint of ice cream. Two, he already had his pint and three it was mine. I don't know but I've had this very "it's mine" thing going on with food since I had the kids. I'm more than willing to share, but I get very angry when people take my food without asking and eating it all.

Anyhow, so I locked myself in the den the rest of the night. I tried to convince myself this wasn't me being greedy about food, but that it was a respect thing about taking other peoples stuff. I'm constantly telling the kids if something isn't theirs, they have to ask the person if they can have some. Meanwhile, Tim just takes my ice cream. I see him do this with the kids too. Oh yeah, it's not just the ice cream. I'd be upset if it were a baked potato.

Anyhow, can this not be a respect thing and I'm just so stuck on food that it made me that upset? I don't want to be like this.......

Ugg!

No comments: